Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First slow cooker meal

Paul and I bought our first crock-pot last weekend (on sale for $19.99 at Macy's - sweet deal!), and I finally tested it out tonight.

Having never owned a slow cooker before, I was a tad nervous... was I going to burn the house down?  I had a client meeting in the afternoon so I wouldn't be able to stay at home and supervise.  So, I selected an Italian Chicken with Vegetables recipe off of McCormick's website and crossed my fingers.  I wasn't able to find the packaged seasoning in the store so I made up my own with a little bit of fresh garlic, parsley and basil.

Eight hours later, here was the result:






Served with some green beans and freshly baked French bread with garlic butter. 

I will have to use the crock pot more often!  The food turned out quite nicely and I didn't have to spend too much time cooking.  Great for a busy gal :)

~Chef Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment