Monday, September 28, 2009

Searching for a Portrait Artist

Today is our one month anniversary in our new house!  Yay for us!

We're still working on renovations though - these popcorn ceilings just seem endless.  Paul's been diligently scraping the plaster off of the ceiling and repainting.  The ceilings do look much better so it'll all be worth it!

My office is 92% complete (just need to add curtains and some artwork on the walls).  So I thought I'd share a before and after view of one side of the room.


before - how the previous owners had this room set up


after - now, my room's a sunny happy yellow, with client products as temporary decor :)

Now, on to the topic of this post... we have a formal living/sitting room on the first floor of our house.  Right now, there's no real good use for it so we have decided to have that room be Roxie's (our dog) play room.  She's a big girl and needs some space to play when it's raining and when it gets colder in the winter.

I've been wanting a painted portrait of our dog for a while, and now we have the perfect spot for one - in Roxie's Room!  I'm looking for something that's not so much of a realistic feel.  Here are some examples that I've found online that I think are fabulous:





So, if you are or know of any (preferably local-Atlanta) artists who we can commission to do this sort of project for a reasonable price please let me know!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Megan Heaphy pointed me your way- I'm an artist and I'd totally be down with painting your dog. I'm located in Savannah, but I grew up in Atl so I'm up there every once in awhile. Unfortunately my website is down at the moment, but i can email you some examples of my work if you want! or you can look at my blog, which doesn't have much art on it at the moment but there is some.. Feel free to email me! :) christa.rosenkranz@gmail.com
    -Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! It's been a while since high school, haha, but hopefully you still remember me! ... I'm actually doing pet portraits right now along with working in the School of Visual Arts at Virginia Tech. I have some photos of a few of the portraits I have done on my facebook page under "Some of my art"... the black lab I did is similar to the picture above.

    I'm also working on a couple as we speak that will be done by the end of the week. If you are interested I will send them your way when they are done!

    Let me know what you think- I can do a lot of different styles (I've been doing a more "painterly" style recently with a lot of color.

    Hope to hear from you soon, I hope all is well with you and your new husband! Your wedding photos are incredible btw!:)

    Feel free to email me if you prefer-
    morgan.sayers@gmail.com

    ~A. Morgan Sayers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. local to you - Karin Jurick dot com

    local to me (Ithaca, NY) - Ileen Kaplan dot com

    good luck,
    Ed Marion dot com

    ReplyDelete